Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Keith: Alright we got Tom from Staten Island on the phone; Me: Keith, let me give you some thoughts on the call-in idea SNY has.

Alright, I have been meaning to comment on this for over a week.  Last week I was out eating dinner with my family, and there were two games on.  Obviously, one was the Yankees and the other was the Mets.  Even though I am a die hard Yankee fan, I could not keep my eyes off of SNY.  The reason why:  SNY is allowing fans to call into the booth to talk to the commentators.  Do I like this idea?  Actually, I think its great.  It gives the Mets the feel of a small market ball club (which compared to the Yankees they practically are) and at the same time gives fans a chance to be like "this franchise is terrible (turrible for you Charles Barkley fans)".  If you are so far off the mark with your franchise and television coverage that you need fans to call in and voice their opinions.  I can only imagine it now:

Caller: This Mets team is pissing me off.

Keith: Well,, derrrr ughhh derrrrr (glug)

Caller: What?

Keith: Im Keith Hernandez, I don't need to respond.


Frankly, I give SNY props for being innovative, but you would never see Michael Kay talk to viewers during a broadcast...Thank God for the callers.


Other than that, had the chance to meet Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman the other day.  The 'Big Show' returns from Sportscenter's hayday to NBC's Football Night in America this fall.  Should be a lot of fun, just judging how these two guys interact on a personal basis.  Not just good anchors, but good friends as well.  Potential for some great chemistry.

Things are looking up, and my pick for television this weekend:  The American Century Championship on NBC.  A fun tournament with celebrities ranging in skill from Rick Rhoden (a semi-professional pro golfer now) to who else but...Charles Barkley (just turrible...what a knucklehead...is he in your five?)  Look forward to having more good times with you all next week. For now I leave you.

Peace be with y'all,
The Conzz

No comments: